Smart Leadership Through the Power of AI
With the potential to transform society and our quality of life, AI is set to contribute $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030. Today’s leaders need the knowledge and confidence to ensure that their organizations are poised to capitalize on this opportunity to impact their employees, customers, and the world around them.
In this program, you will develop a deep understanding of AI and what it can do, so that you can lead your company through an AI transformation. By the conclusion of this program, you will have created an AI implementation plan personalized for your organization and fine-tuned with direct guidance from Stanford faculty.
- Learn about the latest advancements in AI and how they can benefit your organization
- Complete an AI implementation project directed by leading faculty
- Attend a 5-day intensive program in Silicon Valley and on Stanford's campus
- Earn a Stanford Center for Professional Development Certificate
From Your City to Stanford in Two Steps
Complete a 12-week program taught live by Stanford faculty in your city
Spend five days in the United States on Stanford's campus, in the heart of Silicon Valley
- Registration Deadline:
- August 8, 2020
- Course Starts:
- August 22, 2020
- 13 Weeks
- Course Format:
- 12 weeks of course study using synchronous meeting technology
- 4 hours/week of class time
- 2-3 hours/week self-study
- Spend five days in California on Stanford's campus
- $32,000 includes:
- 48 hours of classroom instruction
- In-classroom bilingual support
- All courses in English and local language
- Direct access to Stanford faculty
- Global Classrooms + Stanford University campus
- Courses are taught in English, with in-person classroom support and supporting materials in your local language.
Forward-thinking business executives, key decision makers, and growth-minded directors who want to transform the way they do business and position their organizations for maximum growth through data-led decision-making and AI.
Cutting-edge technology brings Stanford faculty to you.
This program’s unique format lets you forge strong connections with Stanford faculty and your peers. For the first 12 weeks, the program will combine learning in-person with your peers at one of the Global Study Centers with learning at a location convenient to you on your device.
After 12 weeks of in-country coursework, you will travel to Stanford’s campus for a five-day immersive experience to conclude your program. Once there, you will attend workshops, seminars, and tour industry-leading companies in Silicon Valley. Finally, you will present your capstone project, and receive feedback and insights on how to effectively implement your AI business plan from Stanford faculty and fellow executive leaders.
Global Study Center locations include:
- Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai China
- Shenzhen Finance Institute, Shenzhen, China
- Times India, Bengalaru, India
Learn to lead an AI-powered organization.
Position your organization for innovative success. Develop technological fearlessness. Turn data into actionable insights through the latest advancements in AI.
Message from Program Academic Director Michael Bernstein
Welcome to the AI for Executives program. Artificial intelligence is intersecting with the future of organizations in powerful and complex ways. This program is designed to provide executive business leaders with the insights and analytical skills to lead an AI-powered organization. By applying a computational lens to complex business goals, we will draw on recent advances in both computer science and management science to analyze successful implementations of artificial intelligence across the globe. The sequence of the three courses, your on campus experience, and your capstone project will endow you with the tools to successfully integrate AI into your organization.Program Academic Director Michael Bernstein Profile >
Artificial Intelligence: Opportunities, Challenges, and Design Strategies
Course 1 led by Michael Bernstein, Associate Professor of Computer Science
What is AI and what can it do for you? This course explores how artificial intelligence can empower the people, products, and decision-making in your business. You’ll learn what AI can (and cannot) help you solve, and how to use AI to design the best solutions for your organization.
- Learn the basics of how AI works, and what leading approaches can and cannot achieve today
- Equip yourself with tools and techniques for designing AI into your products and decision-making
- Explore the AI technologies that leading companies are using today (and tomorrow)
Artificial Intelligence in Practice: Applications to Real-life Organizational Problems
Course 2 led by Amir Goldberg, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior
This course looks at a few distinct business functions (operations, marketing, product) and uncovers how sophisticated data and AI capabilities can be used in each to solve business and financial problems. The course will examine business examples from both traditional settings—such as anticipating seasonal fluctuations in demand in the retail industry—and modern—solving matching problems for two-sided markets.
- Learn how to identify organizational problems and challenges that AI can help solve
- Gain a deep understanding of AI’s capabilities, limitations, and challenges within the business
- Explore how you as a leader can operationalize AI in product development, people management, and financial decisions
Artificial Intelligence and Organizations: Transforming Your Business and Culture
Course 3 taught by Melissa Valentine, Assistant Professor of Management Science and Engineering and Robert Sutton, Professor of Management Science & Engineering
Building an AI-powered organization is as much about culture as tech. How can you ready your business for a successful AI transformation? This course teaches you how to prepare for the cross-functional transformation required to innovate at this level, giving you specific, proven steps to create the data infrastructure, algorithmic fluency, and data-driven culture that supports the human element of this change.
- Learn how to design your organization to develop and deploy AI initiatives successfully
- Investigate AI’s impact on workers, role definitions, and talent development
- Explore best practices for selecting teams, running projects, and involving major stakeholders
Finish your program with 5 days in California, on Stanford's campus in the heart of Silicon Valley
There you will:
- Refine your capstone project and pressure-test it with faculty
- Tour Stanford’s campus and visit leading AI companies in Silicon Valley
- Meet with industry-leading professors, and attend workshops, seminars, and lectures
Throughout the course, you will develop a step-by-step AI implementation plan for your organization. Faculty feedback will help you fine-tune and personalize your project. You’ll complete the program positioned to put the knowledge you’ve gained into practice.
- Project Part 1: Identify an AI-based opportunity that could transform your business
- Project Part 2: Outline the key implementation components for your AI project
- Project Part 3: Work with faculty to finalize your project plan and prepare to pitch the AI opportunity you've developed to your executive team
“Coming away from this program, I hope participants will have gained some frameworks for thinking about how to manage change of very complex technological capabilities or products.”
—Melissa Valentine, Assistant Professor of Management Science and Engineering